MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Leg pain after running

Hey guys so I've been having this major issue since the past year and I can't figure out the reason.

The problem is that I start having severe pain in my lower calves and ankles after running for just 5 minutes, even after doing a lot of dynamic stretching. If I don't warm up, my knee joints also start to give out. I used to play basketball a lot before as well. Now I can't even play properly due to this issue.

I'm 26yo and I weigh about 89kg. Gained 11kg over the past year. I have been weightlifting for the past 7 months and I was in bulking phase for 5 months till last week. I never skip leg day and I believe I have strong legs. Can easily squat 60kg and have 270kg 1RM on leg press. My calves are quite visible as well. My lower body is relatively bigger though, from hips to thighs.

I've become really frustrated now because this problem has become a huge hindrance to my sports and cardio. I'm trying to cut now and need to do HIIT, which I can't even do properly.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Cheers.
    Last edited by zeeshanmemon; 12-07-2018 at 02:54 AM.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshanmemon View Post
    Hey guys so I've been having this major issue since the past year and I can't figure out the reason.

The problem is that I start having severe pain in my lower calves and ankles after running for just 5 minutes, even after doing a lot of dynamic stretching. If I don't warm up, my knee joints also start to give out. I used to play basketball a lot before as well. Now I can't even play properly due to this issue.

I'm 26yo and I weigh about 89kg. Gained 11kg over the past year. I have been weightlifting for the past 7 months and I was in bulking phase for 5 months till last week. I never skip leg day and I believe I have strong legs. Can easily squat 60kg and have 270kg 1RM on leg press. My calves are quite visible as well. My lower body is relatively bigger though, from hips to thighs.

I've become really frustrated now because this problem has become a huge hindrance to my sports and cardio. I'm trying to cut now and need to do HIIT, which I can't even do properly.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Cheers.
    Sounds like/could possibly be, Achilles tendonitis, or tight calf muscles, my advice would be to go and see a sports physiotherapist, calf exercises may help
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

I used to have similar with the knee problems but like many muscle problems, the issue is either above or below the problem muscle. For me I had tight hamstings caused by anterior pelvic tilt which was causing my knee and tight calf problem. As Doug says, id see a book in with a sports physio to get yourself a once over.