MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Losing weight during strength training.

Hello my friends!

I have never trained seriously before now. I am just hitting 2 months now in the gym. 4 times a week. I am 27 years old. I have a very small frame. Very skinny arms, legs, hands etc.. but my belly got much bigger the last years due to bad nutrition and little to none training. But my belly and my face was only place I put on fat. I was extremely small and skinny growing up.

I am 177 cm high and at the most I weight 84 kg. When I started training two months ago I was at 79 kg. Now two months later I am at 76. It keeps going down. I though it was going to go up when building muscle??
    I cannot see any big changes in my body after 2 months training either. But maybe smaaall gains here and there...

I feel I am eating big amounts of food. I eat only healthy. I never drink soda, eat chips, chocolate or anything like this anymore. This is out of the picture. I want only to eat healthy. I started with this same time as the training.

I can give you a typical day in my life so you can see.

Monday:
    0515 - wake up. Try eat 2 slice of whole wheat bread + water and creatine.
    0600 - 0715 training. (Military press, dips, biceps curls, bench press, flyes, dumbbell bench press, preacher curl)
    0715-0800 - 3 slices of whole wheat protein bread with chicken(50gram) 3 eggs "skyr" yoghurt (proteinloaded fat/sugarfree yoghurt), protein shake and 1 banana.Then I go to work as mechanic.
    1000 - fruit smoothie, an apple, 1 egg and handful of nuts.
    1200 - 100 grams mackerel, 3 slices of bread again with chicken (50gram), greek yoghurt and an orange.
    1400 I have maybe some fruit.
    1630 - dinner - 230 grams steak, rice, sweetpotatoes, brocoli/spinach and greens.
    1900 - beanutbutter/banana toast (2 slices)
    2100 - oatmeal and cinamon (sometimes a second protein shake)
    2200 - bed.

So what I am struggling with here is actually motivation. Because I am not seeing any good progress and also seeing my weight go down is also not so fun.

Am I not eating enough? I feel like I am eating all the time.
    Also the only time I can do workouts is in the morning before work.. idunno if this is affecting the results.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I'm new here too. I'll follow this thread... I hope someone professional or body builder can answer your question. I might follow his/her advice/suggestion. Thanks

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I have looked at your program and the indications are that you are doing everything right. What bothers me is why you are not putting on your desired weight. But wait, I think you are overdoing the training. One of my earliest trainer told me that if you spend all the carbs you eat in the gym, you will not put on the lean muscles that I used to admire. He emphasized on eating the right food and choosing the right training. So in my opinion, I would recommend you check what you eat and what you do.