MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Chest won't grow, despite trying several different programs

Hey guys,

I've been working out for years on and off, and have been dedicated for about a year now. One issue I've had since the beginning is, my chest doesn't grow at all. It looks the exact same in terms of size/thickness from when I was benching 115 pounds way back when, to now when I am benching 200.

This is particularly frustrating because it's probably the one muscle that hasn't looked different since I got dedicated. All my other muscle groups have grown well, so my chest, despite feeling strong, is beginning to look disproportionate when looking at the rest of my body. And I'm almost certain it's not a form thing, as I've had several experienced lifters take a look at it.

I weigh around 130 pounds, 5 foot 8, 25 years old; I eat a lot, I just don't gain much weight. I know most people will say I need to just eat more, but I'm weirdly still breaking PRs left and right and am still seeing great growth with other muscles, so I just don't understand why my chest looks so atrocious and flat still. Posting in a forum in getting your guys' opinion is honestly my last ditch effort before just signing up for one of those personalized programs haha

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but for the sake of including details, here is what my lifts are currently at for compounds/ the program I just started (I don't know what my 1RMs are for some exercises, as I usually gym alone and don't want to risk it):

Deadlift: 305x3
    Squat: 215x3 (I skip the odd leg day, my bad guys!)
    Overhead Press: 115x4
    Bench Press: 200x3

Program I just started: The Best Damn Strength Plan for Natural Lifters (it's quite different from programs I've tried before so I wanted to give it a shot and see if it'd work).

ANY help is super appreciated, guys. If you need any more details, let me know!

Thank you so much!
    -Neil
    Last edited by BootySweat; 02-20-2019 at 01:11 AM.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hi, take a look in the "workouts" section at the top of the page, choose a "Muscle Building" routine, rather than a Strength routine
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"