MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Lost motivation,always giving reason not to do

I have been regularly exercise for many years but recently,I have lost motivation and have been very inconsistent in working out.I like the benefit of working out...better health,feel energetic,but whenever I wanna go I would feel lazy...and reasons myself like,”it’s not long term because you will get bored after two weeks”.I would like to be very consistent and workout 6 days a week like I used to...the other reason I skipped workout is because I think soccer can be a replacement,I think that if I play soccer,I can socialize and it’s not as boring as working out in the gym...I really hope to forget about soccer and just go the gym regularly

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Getting and staying motivated is really tough. You already have a never ending list of responsibilities that are hard to finish by the time you lay down at night. By the time the sun comes up, you're already on your way to work or school. When you get home, you have to cook, clean, shower, and do laundry within a 4 hour span only to repeat the next day. On top of that, you are trying to maintain a social life and everyone needs personal time for reflection or defrag time just to keep sane. If you break it down like this, it seems overwhelming especially when you live by yourself. Create a routine for each day. Write it down if you have to for what you need to do for each day, and try to fit in some time for weights. For me, personally, I know I'll duck out doing weight training by the time I get in my truck for the drive home, but knowing this, I get it done RIGHT when I get home.

Doing the same exercises for 6 days will definitely burn you out. Try mixing it up. One day, do it in your backyard. Another day, do it at a park. Soccer, I would guess, is a great form of basic exercise. Would it be easier to cut back on workout days, from 6 days to every other day, with soccer on the off days? If its boring to the extent of avoiding it completely, maybe get a friend with similar goals as far as weight training. Someone willing to hang out with you while you're at it, even if they don't want to work out.

Unless you're looking for max results, you don't need to follow the workout guides so concretely. Good luck!

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Mobc1990 View Post
    I have been regularly exercise for many years but recently,I have lost motivation and have been very inconsistent in working out.I like the benefit of working out...better health,feel energetic,but whenever I wanna go I would feel lazy...and reasons myself like,”it’s not long term because you will get bored after two weeks”.I would like to be very consistent and workout 6 days a week like I used to...the other reason I skipped workout is because I think soccer can be a replacement,I think that if I play soccer,I can socialize and it’s not as boring as working out in the gym...I really hope to forget about soccer and just go the gym regularly
    Train 3 days per week using split-body workouts if your goal is size ., or 4 days using upper/lower body if your goal is strength
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"