MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Questions about workouts

I'm relatively new to exercising in a class or anything like that. A little over 10 years ago I used to do a lot of bodyweight dvds and my muscles were pretty good. Unfortunately, because of a disability and almost constant injuries, health issues and school, I haven't been able to do much. I walk 5 miles a day and that's it, I can't run cause my cardio endurance is s***. I'm not healthy and overweight, I'm trying to get healthier so I've started a boxing and muay thai class 5 days a week. I've walked 5 and 10k's but that's basically the extent of my fitness regimen until now. I used to be able to do 100 walking lunges and squats no problem, but we had to do some for class today and my legs are shaky and weak, they feel like they are going to give out if I try to walk stairs, sit down or walk near an incline. I don't get any muscle soreness with the workouts, just shaky and weak. Is this natural learning process? Will it go away with time? Is there a way to speed up the healing? Also, I know better eating is good for getting healthier, I only eat once a day and it's been that way since i was 12 so about 17 years. I'm lactose intolerant and have IBS-D, so its more comfortable for me to just wait till I'm home and done for the day before eating. Could this be contributing to the muscle shaking and weakness? Any tips on how to eat healthier or more? Actually, any tips at all would be nice.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by xReaper666x View Post
    I'm relatively new to exercising in a class or anything like that. A little over 10 years ago I used to do a lot of bodyweight dvds and my muscles were pretty good. Unfortunately, because of a disability and almost constant injuries, health issues and school, I haven't been able to do much. I walk 5 miles a day and that's it, I can't run cause my cardio endurance is s***. I'm not healthy and overweight, I'm trying to get healthier so I've started a boxing and muay thai class 5 days a week. I've walked 5 and 10k's but that's basically the extent of my fitness regimen until now. I used to be able to do 100 walking lunges and squats no problem, but we had to do some for class today and my legs are shaky and weak, they feel like they are going to give out if I try to walk stairs, sit down or walk near an incline. I don't get any muscle soreness with the workouts, just shaky and weak. Is this natural learning process? Will it go away with time? Is there a way to speed up the healing? Also, I know better eating is good for getting healthier, I only eat once a day and it's been that way since i was 12 so about 17 years. I'm lactose intolerant and have IBS-D, so its more comfortable for me to just wait till I'm home and done for the day before eating. Could this be contributing to the muscle shaking and weakness? Any tips on how to eat healthier or more? Actually, any tips at all would be nice.
    I found that eating smaller, more frequent and nutrient rich meals helps a lot for bloating and reducing muscle shakes and weakness.

Try eating 5 to 6 smaller meals per day.