MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default 20% bf should I now eat at maintenance/ surplus to or continue with deficit

Hi everyone!

My stats:

female
    21 years old
    5'10" (178cm)
    139 lbs (63kg)
    ~20% body fat

I have been working out consistently for about 3 months now. This includes going to the gym and using weights: mainly still the machines which I try to do heavier per week (leg press: 140kg/308lbs, abductor 55kg/121lbs) and then dumbbells, plates and kettlebells which are usually around the 10/12kg for lunges, ab exercises, swings and squats). Of course now with the Corona situation I have been working out at home and filling suitcases and backpacks with weights to around 10-15kg. This I use for glute bridges, Bulgarian split squats, (curtsy) lunges, planks, push ups. So I try to add the weight wherever possible and I usually have upper body and then lower body days (in total 4 training days per week). As mentioned, my body fat percentage is around the 20% now (yey). However, I have been looking so much on the internet but everyone says something different. I have been eating around 1300 calories to lose the last bit of fat. But I actually want to grow my glutes, define my arms more (they're slowly getting there) and lose some back fat. Therefore it's both losing fat and growing muscle. Should I now continue eating in a deficit to lose the last bit of fat, or is it wiser / quicker to eat more calories (around maintenance which is like 1800 - 2000 for me I guess, or maybe even a surplus?) to build muscle which will burn the last bit of fat.. I actually have no idea what the best option would be. But I would like to achieve this goal of lower bf and muscle growing within 2/3 months.

I am very sorry for this long essay hahah, I am just extremely confused about what to do and don't want to waste time with taking the wrong approach. Everyone who reads this, many thanks!!

Hope you all have a great day

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Id say go on maintenance for 2 weeks then slowly bring your calories back down. Small
    Changes is whats important. Leave your activity the way and see what happens. Best of luck to you! If you need more help please feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by roseyy View Post
    Hi everyone!

My stats:

female
    21 years old
    5'10" (178cm)
    139 lbs (63kg)
    ~20% body fat

I have been working out consistently for about 3 months now. This includes going to the gym and using weights: mainly still the machines which I try to do heavier per week (leg press: 140kg/308lbs, abductor 55kg/121lbs) and then dumbbells, plates and kettlebells which are usually around the 10/12kg for lunges, ab exercises, swings and squats). Of course now with the Corona situation I have been working out at home and filling suitcases and backpacks with weights to around 10-15kg. This I use for glute bridges, Bulgarian split squats, (curtsy) lunges, planks, push ups. So I try to add the weight wherever possible and I usually have upper body and then lower body days (in total 4 training days per week). As mentioned, my body fat percentage is around the 20% now (yey). However, I have been looking so much on the internet but everyone says something different. I have been eating around 1300 calories to lose the last bit of fat. But I actually want to grow my glutes, define my arms more (they're slowly getting there) and lose some back fat. Therefore it's both losing fat and growing muscle. Should I now continue eating in a deficit to lose the last bit of fat, or is it wiser / quicker to eat more calories (around maintenance which is like 1800 - 2000 for me I guess, or maybe even a surplus?) to build muscle which will burn the last bit of fat.. I actually have no idea what the best option would be. But I would like to achieve this goal of lower bf and muscle growing within 2/3 months.

I am very sorry for this long essay hahah, I am just extremely confused about what to do and don't want to waste time with taking the wrong approach. Everyone who reads this, many thanks!!

Hope you all have a great day
    Visit my YouTube ==> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvrdujellDqRGpriOHgpsXA
    Visit my Blog ==> http://www.trainwithjaynice.com